Is diabetes holding you back from opting a hair transplant? Well, we have some good news for you. Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn’t automatically mean, that you aren’t eligible for a hair transplant. But, there are a few requirements, which need to be met before...
Dr. Ravichander Rao
MS, M.Ch. Plastic Surgery (NIMS), Member
Dr. Ravi Chander Rao is a well known plastic surgeon, with a personal interest in hair transplant surgery. He did his MBBS from MRMC,Gulbarga in the year 1999. He then practiced as an intern at Gandhi Medical College in 2000 and pursued MS in General Surgery from JJMMC, Davangere in 2004. Dr. Ravichander has always been a bright student for which he was titled the “Best Outgoing Student”.
He started his medical career as a Registrar at KIMS, Hyderabad and later did MCh Plastic Surgery at the most prestigious Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. Having excelled in academics and career, his interest in plastic surgery took him to join a team of qualified plastic surgeons with credentials and motives that matched his. There was no looking back ever since, and with his experience, he has brought in new dimensions in the field of cosmetic surgery. Ravi Chander has great exposure to the latest advancements in the field of plastic & cosmetic surgery and Microsurgery. He developed an interest in hair transplant surgery over the years of his practice and now tops the charts of the best hair transplant surgeon in Hyderabad.
Dr. Ravi Chander Rao is a member of:
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons-USA (ISHRS-USA)
- Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons of India (AHRS)
- Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS)
- AOCMF – Switzerland
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
- To evaluate the feasibility of Neurotization of Zygomatic branch of Facial nerve with Ipsilateral Masseteric Nerve branch in Facial Nerve Plasty – Anatomic Study.
- Effect of severe Velopharyngeal Incompetence and the use of Bilateral Buccal Myomucosal flaps – Retrospective study.
- Clinical Study of Incisional Hernia.
Few of the presentations Dr. Ravi Chander has worked on:
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI) 2004, Bangalore.
- Plastic Surgery Association Andhra Pradesh Conference (PSA APCON) 2015 – Art of Balancing body hair for Hair Transplantation.
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSICON) 2008.
Apart from the active participation in the most prestigious national and international associations, Dr. Ravi Chander has also given guest lectures, and has contributed his research views in reputed medical publications.
- JCDR 04/2014 8(4): NC 04-7, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic research.
- Guest Lecture: COE Programme-2013, GDC, Hyderabad
Dr. Ravi Chander’s work ethics and fondness for his profession have been his strengths all through the years of his practice. He has excelled in being the best hair transplant doctor in Hyderabad. Dr. Ravi Chander is extremely enthusiastic and passionate about making people feel good about themselves, and Hair Transplant Surgery is one of his specialities. He aspires to make his patients happy with result-oriented treatments.