Nowadays, hair loss is a problem for people of all ages. By the age of 21, men can experience hair loss. Reasons for hair loss are natural, genetic, hereditary, male baldness, diet, lifestyle, pollution and many others. If you are worried about hair loss and do not...
FUE Hair Transplant: Treatment, Procedure, Cost, Recovery, Results
FUE hair transplant surgery is one of the most sought after discoveries of the 20th century. Earlier this technique was used to restore the hair in the eyebrows and eyelashes, but today it ended up being one of the best hair restoration procedures in the cosmetic industry.
While facing hair loss problems, you may have come across various hair restoration choices. However, many hair transplantation surgeons suggest FUE hair transplantation procedure over other hair restoration methods, but why? Read this article to know what made FUE hair transplantation procedure a potential hair restoration choice for individuals suffering from pattern baldness.
What is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant is one of the challenging hair transplant techniques recommended for patients with tight scalp or a previously failed FUT hair transplant technique. In FUE hair transplant technique, follicular unit grafts are extracted individually using a small micro-needle and are placed in the bald or thin hair area one by one. It leaves no scars and is ideal for patients willing to keep their hair short.
Advantages Of FUE Hair Transplant
- Less minimally invasive procedure compared to FUT
- No visible scars
- Completely safe method
- No damage to hair follicles
- Immediate and comfortable recovery
- Provides natural/undetectable results
Reasons To Choose FUE Over FUT
FUE is always a better choice because
- Invisible scarring
- Suitable for people with very little donor hair
- Ideal for individuals with “tight scalp.”
- Suitable for people who want to cut hair short afterwards
- Shorter healing time
- Delivers more natural-looking results
- Less painful over FUT
- No downtime required
Who Can Have FUE Hair Transplant?
The following individuals are the ideal candidates for FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant surgery.
- Individuals diagnosed with a condition causing hair fall
- Individuals who are aged 25 years and have stabilised rashes on the scalp
- Individuals who have a stable supply of donor’s hair
- Individuals who have lost hair due to trauma and burn
- Individuals who are likely to have thickened donor scars because of excessive scalp tightness or laxity
- Individuals who want to keep short hairstyles
- Individuals who have a problem shaving their hair
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Hair Transplant – Procedure
In FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant technique, the hairs are extracted from the back or side of your scalp and are implanted into the bald area. Your surgeon uses a punch-tool to remove individual hair clusters (graft units) surrounded by sebaceous glands, muscles, nerves, and connective tissue.
Usually, a punch of 0.8/0.9mm diameter is considered for extracting the hair follicles without causing the damage to the scalp skin. The extracted follicle units are now preserved in the physiological saline solution for processing. The follicles are preserved at a low temperature and processed under the microscope.
The preservation process of hair follicles involves
- Removal of surrounding tissues, and muscles
- Assortment depending on a number of contained hairs
- Your surgeon will make a small incision using a needle or blade on your scalp, to place the hairs.
- Now the hair grafts extracted from the donor area are implanted into these holes
- After inserting the grafts, your scalp will be covered using graft, gauze, or bandages.
- Your stitches and bandages will be removed within ten days. However, 2 to 3 sessions are a must to attain fuller and natural-looking hair.
Recovery From FUE Procedure:
Immediately after the surgery, you will have bandages on your scalp. Your doctor may also prescribe medication to prevent infection and inflammation. However, FUE involves faster recovery compared to FUT procedure. You can return to work within a week, and your stitches will be removed within ten days following the procedure.
The transplanted hair is likely to fall out during the 6th week of the procedure, and it’s quite natural. Within a month, you can expect new hair growth in the transplanted area with half-inch growth every month. Thereafter you can expect a continual and thicker hair growth.
Cost Of FUE Hair Transplant:
The cost of FUE hair transplant procedure depends on several factors such as:
- No of grafts: The price depends on a number of hair grafts to be moved on the scalp. Implanting a higher number of grafts costs more than embedding a lower number of grafts.
- Surgeon Performing FUE: The cost of FUE hair transplant surgery depends on the surgeon performing it. A skilled and experienced surgeon can provide you with the desired results and therefore charges more compared to unskilled surgeons.
- Location: The location in which you are having FUE hair transplant surgery also influences the cost of the procedure. Surgeons and clinics in areas with a high cost of living charge more.
- Travel costs: Travel costs do not form part of the hair transplant cost. However, the cost incurred to find a suitably qualified hair transplant surgeon should be added to the overall cost of the hair transplant procedure.
Possible Costs after FUE Hair Transplantation Surgery:
With FUE hair transplant surgery, you can expect some recovery costs such as antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and pain medications. In case of any infections, further visits to the doctor may involve some additional cost.
Results Of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery:
FUE hair transplants are highly successful, which leave minimal to no complications. The follicle shedding after six weeks of surgery is common after any hair restoration procedure. However, the actual results of the hair transplant procedure are seen between nine to twelve months. Give time to appreciate the final results.
FUE procedure is usually reserved for people with a short amount of work. The benefits of having invisible scars are the primary reason most people opt for FUE hair transplant procedure. However, before deciding on it, it would be wise to meet the best hair transplant surgeon because each case is different and should be evaluated individually.
Do you need help choosing the best FUE hair transplant surgery? Then opt our clinic. Best Hair Transplant Clinic in Hyderabad can help you with an extensive range of hair restoration procedures to create a more youthful-looking you! Get in touch with us now.
About the Clinic:
Cyber HairSure is one of the leading Hair Clinics at Hitec City, Hyderabad and we have the best Hair Transplant Surgeons in Hyderabad practicing at Cyber HairSure. The experts at the Cyber HairSure clinic are specialized in Hair Transplantation and PRP treatment etc. Our leading doctors are known to be the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad.