Is diabetes holding you back from opting a hair transplant? Well, we have some good news for you. Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn’t automatically mean, that you aren’t eligible for a hair transplant. But, there are a few requirements, which need to be met before...
Balding: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
Losing hair is a nightmare for majority of those who suffer from it. One of the most important factors of an individual’s personality is their hair. It just defines them in ways. The way people maintain their hair, talks about the the kind of people they are, and while some sport the bald look very gracefully others struggle with the lack of confidence that is part and parcel of balding.
Balding can be a challenge due to several reasons. Not just does it impact your confidence, it also makes you look older. It’s more of a problem when it happens in patches as it becomes embarrassing. While many men just let it be, women are the one who faces several troubles if they start balding.
What causes Balding?
- Heredity: A family history of balding accounts for 95% of the hair loss people suffer from. It is a condition known as male and female pattern balding, characterised by receding hairline in men and thinning of hair gradually in women as they grow old.
- Chronic diseases: Weight gain or weight loss due to chronic diseases like hypertension, diabetes, obesity, thyroidism etc causes hair loss of not just the scalp but all over the body.
- Medication: Medication for these chronic diseases have components that cause hair fall resulting in baldness or bald spots.
- Therapies: Radiation therapies and medications for chemotherapy affect the hair massively, resulting in balding. People prefer shaving their heads over suffering the excessive hair loss.
- Alopecia Areata: An autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the hair follicles and inflames the hair bulbs, causing your hair to fall in patches.
- Pregnancy: Women lose hair during their term of pregnancy or even after they have delivered the baby.
Symptoms of balding
- Gradual thinning of hair especially on top of head
- Circular or patchy bald spots
- Sudden excessive hair-fall
- Hair loss all over the body
- Patches of scaling that spread over the scalp
- Receding hairline
Treatments for Balding
Balding can be treated by hair replacement procedures like hair transplantation that include micro-grafting, slit grafting, punch grafting, or by scalp reduction. To understand what procedure will help you best you must consult a professional to help you understand the pattern of your balding.
Hair Grafting or Hair Transplant: the procedure is done by first removing a portion of the hair-bearing scalp from the back of your head and cutting it into small segments with varying amounts of hair in each graft. It is then transplanted into the balding area to produce subtle thickening and natural looking hair. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia into the scalp and/or sedation if need be, for relaxation and comfort.
Hair grafting can be done in the following ways,
- Micro grafts: 1-2 hair per graft
- Slit grafts: 4-10 hair per graft
- Punch grafts: 10-15 hair per graft
- Mini-grafts: 2-4 hair per graft
- Strip grafts: Long thin grafts containing 30 to 40 hair per graft
Scalp Reduction: The removal of non-hair-bearing skin from the scalp to stretch the remaining hair-bearing skin so that the bald area of the head can be filled in. The procedure reduces close to half of the baldness. While the procedure is beneficial for hair loss on top and behind your head, it will not be of much use for frontal hair.
We at HairSure, wish for our patients to look their best selves and feel confident in their skin and hair. Our doctors are the best in their field and will walk you through the procedure your condition requires, making you understand the pros and cons and everything else related to the treatment.
About the Clinic
HairSure is one of the leading Hair Transplant clinics at Hitec City, Hyderabad and we have the Best Hair Transplant Surgeons in Hyderabad practising at HairSure. The experts at the HairSure clinic are specialised in Hair Transplantation and PRP Treatment etc. Our leading doctors are known to be the best hair transplant surgeons in Hyderabad.